Zonta International is a leading global organisation of professionals empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy.
Founded in 1919 in the USA, Zonta International has 30,000 members in 1,200 Zonta Clubs in 67 countries. Members volunteer their time, talents and money to support women and girls in their local communities, run projects in many parts of the world to improve the lives of women, and advocate on women’s issues at all levels of society. There are scholarship and award programmes for furthering women’s education and also youth leadership development through Z Clubs and Golden Z Clubs.
Zonta International has a long and well-respected history of partnership in programmes with United Nations Agencies and maintains consultative status on women’s issues with the UN and Council of Europe.
In New Zealand Zonta has been active for 50 years, and has 28 clubs from Northland to Otago. Membership enquiries are welcome.
The rewards of Zonta membership:
- Join a global group of like-minded people, helping women and girls
- Contribute to your community in a rewarding and enjoyable way
- Create friendships and network with members locally, nationally and internationally
- Develop personal skills and leadership opportunities
- Make a difference to the world around you